Fire Risk Assessments in the North East of England
At Northern Safety we specialise in providing Fire Risk Assessments (RRO) in Stockton, Middlesbrough and the Teesside area as well as Durham, Newcastle and North East England. Fire Risk Assessments are required by the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 which applies to England and Wales and The Fire (Scotland) Act 2005 with the Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006.
What are Fire Risk Assessments?
As the responsible person, you must carry out and regularly review Fire Risk Assessments of the premises, they’ll identify what you need to do in order to prevent fire and keep people safe. You must also keep a written record of your fire assessment if your business has 5 or more people.
How to carry out an assessment
Here are the steps required when it comes to creating a Fire Risk Assessment (RRO)
- Identify the fire hazards
- Identify people at risk
- Evaluate, remove or reduce the risks
- Record your findings, prepare an emergency plan and provide training
- Review and update the Fire Risk Assessments regularly
Who requires Fire Risk Assessments
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 for England and Wales (commonly known as the RRO) came into force on April 1, 2006, making employers ultimately responsible for their site fire prevention and safety of staff.
The Order applies to virtually all premises and covers nearly every type of building, structure and open spaces put to certain uses:
- Offices and shops
- Premises that provide care
- The common areas of houses in multiple occupation
- Pubs, clubs, restaurants, shopping centres and other places of assembly
- Theatres and cinemas
- Educational premises
- Healthcare premises
- Tents and marquees
- Hotels and hostels
- Factories and warehouses
- Open air public gatherings (concerts, shows etc.)
- Transport network
- Community centres and village halls
- Churches and other places of religious worship
The whole weight of the RRO is upon the ‘responsible’ person at a company, in other words the buck stops with the Employer. This person can authorise others to work on their behalf but he/she cannot delegate the responsibility.
Fire Risk Assessments from Northern Safety
At Northern Safety, should you need a Fire Risk Assessment, we can help, we provide a range of services to support your business across Stockton and the North East of England.
- An independent and comprehensive audit and risk assessment of your fire protection arrangements
- Ensure compliance to the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Identify any possible fire risk that may adversely affect your business
- Help prioritise your fire safety management
- Ensure essential fire safety practices are carried out effectively on a day-to-day basis
- Provide a comprehensive checklist to serve as a future benchmark
- Train key staff to undertake this essential work in the future
For Fire Risk Assessments in North East England, look no further!
Should you require a Fire Risk Assessment in Stockton, Middlesbrough and the Teesside area as well as Durham, Newcastle and North East England, call Northern Safety today. We can provide the information you need to ensure that you receive an assessment that works for you. Simply call our health and safety advisers today!
If you would like more information on the above services please call our office on 01642 754880 and ask to speak to one of our advisers.