Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme Refresher
The SSSTS Refresher course ensures that your SSSTS qualification remains valid. This course provides an introduction to health and safety, welfare and environmental issues, as well as information for those who need an understanding of their legal duties relevant to their work activities
How long is the SSSTS Refresher course?
Who should attend the SSSTS Refresher?
People who have a valid SSSTS certificate who need to complete their SSSTS before the certificate expires.
Is the SSSTS Refresher course accredited?
When does my SSSTS Refresher certificate expire?
Five years (you will need to attend an SSSTS Refresher)
Is this course CITB Grant claimable?
You can claim £35 as long as you provide us with your CITB Levy number either at the time of booking or on the day of the course.
This course is suitable for anyone who holds a Site Safety Plus SSSTS certificate that is about to expire. The minimum entry requirement is a good understanding of spoken and written English. Photographic ID and the delegates national insurance number must be provided on the first day of the course.
By the end of the Construction Industry Training Board Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme course, the delegate will:
- Have gained knowledge and skills in the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Understand how to manage day-to-day challenges
- Have a greater understanding of why they are carrying out their identified duties and what is expected of them on site
- Know how to better contribute to the safety of the workplace
What does the SSSTS Refresher course cover?
The content covered by the course includes:
- HSE regulations and the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Control measures and risk assessments on site
- Legal responsibility and expectations of a Site Supervisor
- First aid
- Toolbox talks
- Daily challenges
What is Required to Pass the CITB SSSTS Refresher Course?
Delegates will attend an exam at the end of the training. The exam consists of 25 multiple-choice questions selected by Site Safety Plus. They are also required to complete a case study exercise, a toolbox talk and a trainer review.