What are procedures and why do we need them? Procedures are agreed safe ways of doing things. Written procedures usually consist of step-by step instructions and related information needed to help carry out tasks safely. They may include checklists, decision aids, diagrams, flow-charts etc, procedures are essential for a number of reasons:
- To minimise errors/failures
- To protect against loss of operating knowledge (for example, when experienced personnel leave);
- To standardise working practice;
- To provide a basis for training;
- To meet statutory requirements
Northern Safety Ltd prepare these documents by working with companies specific requirements.