Asbestos Training Stockton on Tees
Northern Safety Limited is recognised as one of the leading training providers to the Asbestos Removal Industry.
We offer a wide range of training specially designed for the asbestos removal industry, from courses that offer full training to inexperienced operatives (including practical training), through to a full range of supervisory and management courses.
Asbestos Awareness is proposed to give workers and supervisors the necessary information which is needed to avoid any work which may disturb any asbestos in the area. This may disturb any building fabric or any other item which may be host to asbestos. It will not prepare workers, or any self-employed contractors to carry out work with materials contained with asbestos. Some examples of occupations where asbestos may be present are listed below:
- General maintenance workers
- Painters and decorators
- Construction workers
- Shop fitters
- Gas fitters
- Heating and ventilation engineers
- Demolition workers
- Telecommunication engineers
- Fire/burglar alarm installers
- Computer and data installers
- Building surveyors
Types of Asbestos Training
There are three main types of asbestos in which you may require training in. Each form of asbestos are highly toxic, the three types of asbestos you may come across are:
- Chrysotile (white asbestos) – This is the most common type of asbestos, these fibres are usually fine in texture and posses a high flexibility with good heat resistant properties. This is ideal for use in cement, brake pads/linings and roofing materials.
- Amosite (brown asbestos) – This is mined mostly in Africa and is particularly strong and heat-resistant type of asbestos. This is commonly used in cement sheet, plumbing insulation and electrical insulation.
- Crocidolite (blue asbestos) – This has very thin fibres and when inhaled, easily stored in the lungs. This is one of the most harmful forms of asbestos, as it easily breaks down and leads to asbestos exposure.
The Importance of Asbestos Training
Asbestos safety training is highly important; did you know that there are over 2 million people suffer illness caused by their work? Asbestos is the single greatest cause of work -related deaths in the UK. Asbestos is highly dangerous, throughout the UK there a very low levels of asbestos fibres floating around. The disease comes when people breathe in a high amount of these fibres, which can increase your chances of getting an asbestos-related disease is the total number of fibres breathed in. If you are working in a damaged asbestos environment or working with materials containing high levels of asbestos fibres can increase your chances of getting an asbestos-related disease later in life.
Our Asbestos Training Courses
All courses are offered at our purpose-built facility on Teesside Industrial Estate, Thornaby. We are an IATP (Independent Asbestos Training Provider) accredited training provider – www.iatp.org.uk
Our services include the following qualifications:
- Asbestos Awareness (½ day)
- Asbestos Awareness Category B (1 day)
- Asbestos Awareness Category B Refresher (½ day)
- Asbestos New Operative (3 days)
- Asbestos Operative Refresher (1 day)
- Asbestos New Supervisor (3 days)
- Asbestos Supervisor Refresher (1 day)
- Asbestos New Manager (2 day)
- Asbestos Manager Refresher (1 day)
- Face Fit Tests
- Full and Half Mask Supply
Why Choose Northern Safety for Asbestos Training in Stockton on Tees?
We provide an inclusive range of training and qualifications when it comes to health and safety as well as environmental management. We aim to educate people across Stockton, Middlesbrough and North East England to improve their knowledge and skills, as well as reducing risks and making work places safer for everyone whilst improving business performance and productivity.
At Northern Safety, over the years we’ve trained thousands of people through informing them of the correct health, safety and environmental standards required in the work place.
For Asbestos Training in Stockton on Tees, Contact Northern Safety
Look no further for health and safety training in Stockton, Middlesbrough and the Teesside area as well as Durham, Newcastle and North East England. At Northern Safety our experienced health and safety advisers can provide a range of information to make sure that the course you choose is the right one for you. Simply call our team of professionals today!